THE MACHETE ORDER FOR HARRY POTTER
You've probably heard of the machete order for watching the Star Wars movies (episode 4,5,2,3,6) and now @nicolestemet and I propose the Harry Potter machete order. Because why not spice up your Harry Potter weekend marathons?
- •Harry Potter and the Goblet of FireThe fourth movie could be a standalone, which also makes it a great place to start the series. Plenty of excitement, the physical return of You Know Who, and some fun wizard traditions you never see any where else.
- •Harry Potter and the Order of the PhoenixA good continuation from Goblet of Fire, and ends on a fairly dramatic note. You would only know Sirius Black as Harry's godparent at this point, but that combined with the ministry seeing Voldemort would be a good jumping off point for some backstory.
- •Harry Potter and the Chamber of SecretsBoy hero Harry in full force. AND we just watched Voldemort present himself to everyone again, so now let's see where it all began.
- •Harry Potter and the Prisoner of AzkabanWhere we meet Sirius for the first time. Now you know he's actually a good person, and can pay attention to other parts of the movie. Like figuring out Lupin is a werewolf.
- •Harry Potter and the Half-Blood PrinceNow that your are prepped with some backstory, you get to jump right in to that horcrux search. Not to mention all the Snape goodies. Which you previously just saw him more or less trying to save Harry and gang from a werewolf so that combined with Dumbledores death means you get to be all conflicted.
- •Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's StoneFLASHBACK to where it all began. Meeting Ron and Hermione for the first time, not to mention Snape, Dumbledore, and Voldemort. It was so easy back then as an 11 year old.
- •Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 1And finally the battle. Or at least the slow build to the battle.
- •Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 2The battle. And a great ending. Fin.