THE TWO FOURTH GRADE LOVE TRIANGLES I HAD NO IDEA I WAS IN
I was so young and naive in fourth grade.
- •First, there was the boy I had a crush on, a fifth grader named Collin.My school had fourth and fifth grade combined, so we were in the same class.
- •I was convinced he liked this fifth grade girl, Erica.There was a whole group of fifth grade girls in my class who all had names ending in "ca".
- •Erica and the Ca's didn't like me.Found this out when a member of the Ca's let slip I wasn't invited to Erica's birthday, because she didn't like me. Whatever. I was teachers pet.
- •And apparently this was because Erica liked Collin, but he liked me.It was my mom who told me this years later. All the moms talked at PTO things.
- •Enter triangle number two
- •There was this fourth grade boy named Cody.
- •He was a little rough, but also really shy.
- •Valentine's Day rolls around
- •And I come back from recess to find this huge chocolate heart on my desk that says "Be My Valentine"I wish I had a picture. It was truly glorious.
- •I. Was. Mortified.Mostly because I didn't like him and felt bad for him. He just put himself out there, that brave little boy!
- •A few months go by when
- •A fight breaks out between Collin and Cody!They punched each other! There were black eyes!
- •It was never confirmed
- •But the rumors were that they fought over wonderful little fourth grade me.Although I was still oblivious and thought Collin liked Erica.
- •After this Cody switched schools.I think he had some fighting at school issues.
- •Collin gave up and started elementary school dating Erica.Here I was playing hard to get and I had no idea.
- •Erica believed she had won and the Ca's all started to like me.
- •And little ol' me ended up beating Erica for class president.Who's the winner now, hu?!