THINGS I AM APPRECIATING IN MY LATE TWENTIES
Things that the 20-year-old me would've probably classified as "hella dumb." Maybe now that I am putting in more of an effort into being "grown," I am finding that there are more things to life than figuring out how we're getting on the Guestlist and what I'll be pre-drinking tonight.
- •Being the passenger in the carSat in the passenger seat last weekend while my dad took me along to help my brother on his big moving day. What a pleasure to look out the window and see all the new housing upgrades in the neighbourhood! Also I didn't have to focus on ANYTHING! Sometimes I wish I didn't buy a car.
- •Sleeping early on FridaysI never used to want to stay home on Friday nights, but now I can't wait to go home after work and put on my pyjamas and not do shit!! I think I'm making up for all those years my friends and I spent our nights out at the club from Thursday - Saturday.
- •Standing up on the train commute to workI will admit, I have been that jerk who pretends to be sleeping on the train so I wouldn't have to give up my seat to the older person....terrible, I know! But lately I've decided to stand up and it's really helped me tighten up my core. And I find that standing makes me feel taller and powerful!
- •Having a meal with my whole familyI'm just referring to my parents and my only brother. Conflicting schedules is always an issue, but in my early twenties I never thought of this as a priority. Now it's a luxury! Family conversations are always hilarious, especially when my bro and I throw in the odd curse word to see how our mom will handle it while eating.
- •Random text messages from friendsNot the texts asking to hangout or the ones filled with hot gossip , I'm talking about the ones where it's a "I thought of you today! Hope you're well!" Quick and simple! Seriously, I would've laughed at that like, 2 years ago, but I love it now! Trying to put an effort into sending those messages too cause it's so darn thoughtful!
- •Potluck dinnersMy friends and I are a large group of OCD females who love organization and have a tendency to go overboard. Since we're so busy and barely hangout all together, we usually go all out for events and pick a theme we must all dress in. This year's annual Christmas Potluck theme: Christmas Characters! SO EXCITED!