SUGGESTED CUTS FOR BROADWAY MUSICALS
- •Let me be clear: I like or love all these musicals. I've seen most of them multiple times. I don't think it would actually be a good idea to remove these songs because, you know, plot points or whatever. BUT if I saw any of them again and had the power to ff thru these tunes, I would probably do it.
- •Phantom of the Opera: Masquerade
- •Les Miserables: Master of the House
- •Miss Saigon: Bui-Doi
- •Rent: Santa Fe
- •Newsies: Santa Fe. Why is everyone so obsessed with Santa Fe? But actually I'll take it over the song near the beginning where it's just the newspaper people yapping about being evil or whatever, like, dude, just please show us the dancing boys again.
- •Spring Awakening: The Word of Your Body
- •Book of Mormon: Sal Tlay Ka Siti. From convos I've had with people this is apparently controversial. I realize they need to give this character a showcase tune, but I mean, I've seen the show three times, let's get back to the hilarity.
- •Guys and Dolls: Sit Down You're Rockin' the Boat. This will probably be even more controversial.