MY TOP 5 FAVOURITE THINGS ABOUT SAN DIEGO
Requested by @Diplomatic_diva
- •1. The BeachIt's a privilege, (one I often take for granted), to be able to go to the beach and arrive in 20 minutes whenever I want. 8-9 months out of the year the water is warm and, it can feel like summer in March. You can swim with the leopard sharks of La Jolla, marvel at the seals of the Children's' Pool, ride the roller coaster and get Ice Cream at Mission beach, walk the Ocean Beach pier and learn about the history and hippie culture of the city, go paddle boarding at Mission Bay, the list goes on.
- •2. Mexican FoodSan Diego has the best Mexican Food in the US. There's no debate. You can't travel far without seeing a Mexican shop/restaurant. The food is always authentic and delicious. It's a blessing to live so close to the border.
- •3. The Weather"Sunny San Diego"...While it's not always sunny, it does rain and is cloudy at times. The sun doesn't stay away too long. San Diego doesn't have seasons. The average weather pattern throughout San Diego is cold temperatures in the early morning and then hot temperatures in the afternoon. I feel lucky to say I've never had to shovel snow or worry about school being cancelled due to extreme winter weather.
- •4. There's an abundance of artFrom street art, graffiti, murals, to art museums, professional art galleries, and indie pop up galleries....you'll never go without. This is one of my personal favorites. This is a mural of the lovely and beautiful Frida Kahlo, on the side of the La Bodega Gallery in Barrio Logan. (The girl standing next to it isn't a model by the way. ;) It's my friend Jenn)
- •5. The DiversitySan Diego is a wonderful place to live. That can be attributed to the millions of ordinary people that occupy its unique cities. San Diego is made up of people of many different backgrounds, nationalities, races, sexualities, and religions. And that is part of what makes it beautiful. It would not be what it is today without the contributions of its diverse population.