WHAT I HAVE LEARNED IN THE PAST 2 YEARS
In the coarse of a year, 2015-2016 I lost 4 very important people in my life; who I loved dearly and couldn't imagine losing. These are the lessons I've learned as a result.
- •Life moves fast.
- •"Nothing in life is promised, except death." - KanyeThis quote has proved true to me from the beginning of 2015 to now. This quote serves as a constant reminder to live mindfully, and with purpose.
- •Grief doesn't necessarily have a set endpoint.
- •It's okay to cry.
- •Don't apologize for your emotions .
- •They are valid.
- •You don't owe anyone an apology or explanation for being human.
- •Everyone mourns differently.
- •You will cry out of nowhere and seemingly for no reason.And that's okay too.
- •Don't be surprised when your so-called friends don't check up on you.They're probably not your real friends.
- •Don't take anyone for granted.My grandma, I called her "gram" because she felt that "grandma" made her sound old, died in the beginning of 2015. This was especially hard. She was someone I knew I could rely on. She was a constant In my life. She would drop what she was doing when anyone needed her. She was the most selfless and kind person I have known and will ever know. She was truly the embodiment of love. I miss her everyday. I took her for granted.
- •Spend time with your loved ones.(As much time as possible)
- •Do the silly things that seem "lame" or not fun, that your family members want to do. You'll regret it if not.I remember when I was younger, my grandma would invite me over to decorate for Christmas. She has a collection of Christmas themed stuffed animals she would have us place around the living room. I being the foolish child I was, would rather play Club Penguin or the Kim Possible games on the Disney website. I regret not spending enough quality time with my gram immensely.
- •Call your loved ones who don't live near you.
- •You can't change the past, but you can learn from It.
- •Choose family over friends.
- •Say "I love you" as much as possible.