Already on li.st? Open in app.
I feel like being born in the mid to late 80s is being on the cusp of Generation-X and "millennial". Don't be surprised that I know so much of these shows. Thank you, syndicated television.
- •"What's Happening!!" I watched this on BET at my babysitter's house. Her grandson tuned in before he left for school. I always wanted a shake from Shirley's Place.
- •"One Day at a Time" Valerie Bertinelli is such a cutie.
- •"Webster" This was on the USA network. My elementary school was year-round, so when we had three straight weeks off, I'd watch this to fill in my day. There was something captivating about a white couple taking in a small black boy. It was like "Diff'rent Strokes", but with a better theme song.
A little FYI to start this off.
- •My first name is of Norwegian origin.
- •I only started wearing glasses when I was 14.
- •My internet/social media handle is based off two songs (The Fugees' "Nappy Heads" and The Roots' "Quills") and the beginning sounds of my first and last name.