SONGS THAT REMIND ME OF A STUPID BOY
alternatively: song for when I want to cry about my unrequited high school love
- •Gravity // Sara BareillesSara Bareilles is the best at any sort of break up song ever. She just gets me. She's like "I don't want to fall another moment into your gravity" and I'm like HOW DID YOU KNOW?!?
- •Unseen // Tayler BuonoThe first time I heard this song I cried. It has this line in it that's like "I can't keep giving you my heart when you don't even see me" and I'm like that's the line I've been waiting for my whole life.
- •Over You // Ingrid MichaelsonI love this song because it's like "I'm over you!!" but lists all they're great qualities and isn't that just life?!
- •First Time // Kelsea BalleriniI love this because it's like that song where you KNOW you shouldn't give someone a second chance but then you do and then they screw you over and it's like I knew better. I've been there so many times.
- •Switch Hearts // Megan & LizIt's perfect. It's like I'm hurt but when I see you, it doesn't look like you feel the same way. I've thought the words "wish you knew what I'm going through" so many times it's not even funny.
- •Hush Hush // Avril LavigneThis is a good one for when you're not really angry about a situation but like it still hurts. It's basically like none of this was supposed to happen and I'm kinda confused but we both need to just move past this and on with our lives.
- •Say You Love Me // Jesse Ware"I don't want to fall in love if you don't want to try" is the most genius lyric ever written and sums up the song so perfectly.
- •You Think You Know Somebody // Hunter HayesAlright now this ones for when you're feeling angry. It's definitely the perfect song for when someone had lied to you and you're like wow did I even know you at all?!
- •This Time // Betsy LaneTHIS. SONG. IS. EVERYTHING. This is the perfect song for the situation where you're like you broke my heart and you keep breaking my heart when will I learn. And the lyric "I guess you deserve some applause for leaving me shattered on the ground and making it look like my fault". um hi yes that's genius.
- •Happy For You // The Summer SetThis song immediately stuck out to me when I first heard their album. It's like hey I'd do anything for you but I guess you just don't want me so that's fine I hope you're happy. The bridge in this is also wonderful. I mean "when he walks you home he better damn know that you deserve everything and maybe he's a better me". Hits deep.
- •Let It Go // James BayThis is basically the song to listen to when you just want to, as the title suggests, let go. Is perfectly summed up in "just let it be, why don't you be you and I'll be me"
- •Wasting All These Tears // Cassadee PopeThis is basically like a fuck you you aren't worth it type song. It's like when you're done crying over someone and you don't even understand why you were crying over them in the first place. "I don't even remember why I'm wasting all these tears on you". You're right Cassadee, I DONT REMEMBER!!
- •Fireproof // Against the CurrentOkay this is like a fuck you song but like times 10. Like I'm not even sorry and I won't forgive you, if you get hurt I don't really give a shit. The line "I hope your hands burn when you touch her" like gets me fired up.
- •Without the Love // Demi LovatoI don't really know how to describe this one but like it gives me feelings. Whenever I hear the chorus "Why are you sing me love songs? What good is a love song without the love" I'm just like Demi you get it.
- •Should've Been Us // Tori KellyThis is the perfect song when you want to have feelings but like also you want to dance. You're like yeah we could've been something amazing but let me think about that when this songs over. And then you cry.