THINGS THAT REMIND ME OF MY GRANDFATHER
In January I wrote this list (A YEAR WITHOUT MY GRANDFATHER) about my dad's dad's death last year. But last year in April my mom's dad died. And I don't know how to be emotional about his death, I just don't. I was so numb by then. I just prefer to remember the silly things he said. That's what makes me at peace with this.
- •"No kidding"You would be like hey Grandpa it's Thanksgiving or whatever and he would say this.
- •My label makerHe got it for me for Christmas and it just made me so happy.
- •"Good for you"He said this for a lot of things. Like hey love you grandpa. Good for you kid.
- •$2 billsHe handed these out like candy at Christmas time.
- •Loose changeHe used to have it scattered all over his apartment and he would let my brother and I count it out and keep it.
- •JFKHe loved him like so much. I think he might have been proud of me for being a democrat.
- •IrelandHe was a little bit Irish but he sure did love it there.
- •CookiesThat man always wanted a cookie