WHY I LOVE WILLIAM HOWARD TAFT
No one talks about Taft because TR is like a bigger deal bUT LET ME TELL YOU // renamed & edited for more information of my boy Taft
- •This photo:I had a professor who made us draw a water buffalo on our test for extra credit because of this picture and I just knew Taft and I were meant to be after this.
- •Taft and Roosevelt and Political Cartoons:Roosevelt wanted to run for a third term but the Republican Party wouldn't let him, so he basically hand picked his successor (my main bae, Taft)
- •Don't worry there's more:Friendship goals (but not really because TR ruined it!!!!!)
- •He got stuck in a bathtub:Listen, my favorite history professor told me this, so I believe it. I haven't found a super reliable source that supports it, but he did have a really big bathtub in the White House. I hear you can see it at his presidential historical site.
- •He's the only person to ever be President of the United States and Chief Justice of the Supreme Court:And he never really wanted to president either. He was a judge prior to being president and that's what he wanted to do.
- •He appointed SIX supreme court justices:That's the most appointments aside from Washington and FDR. Could you imagine appointing six people to your dream job?!
- •He only served one term because Theodore Roosevelt ran against Taft and Wilson under a third party:And neither of them ended up being elected in 1912 ANYWAYS. In a 1922 letter he said "I no longer cherish any ill will toward Theodore Roosevelt l. There are times when I could perhaps not have said so."
- •Also that mustache:A good mustache.