COLORS OF THE GAY RAINBOW EXPLAINED 🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈
Everyone is familiar with the gay rainbow, but did you know there is a specific historical reason for each color?
- •RED: HAL-9000The original gay villain. CLEARLY had a crush on Dave.
- •ORANGE: Wynonna Judd's hairMoses dared not look directly into the flaming hair as a booming voice announced the Ten Gay Commandments.
- •YELLOW: The yellow brick road in THE WIZ."Why not THE WIZARD OF OZ?" you ask. Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize everything on my list had to be WHITE. Also, I'm LIVING for a 33 year-old Diana Ross playing Dorothy.
- •GREEN: Mr. Green from the film version of CLUE"I work for the State Department and I'm a homosexual... I feel no personal shame or guilt about this." Mr. Green with the lead pipe in the anywhere.
- •BLUE: Blue Jasmine"Who do you have to sleep with around here to get a Stoli martini with a twist of lemon?!" We've all been there, girlfriend.
- •INDIGO: Prince Tuesday's cape from MISTER ROGERS' NEIGHBORHOOD"Won't you be my neighbor?" is Polari for "Your place or mine?" Indigo isn't on the flag because Prince Tuesday is too shy.
- •VIOLET: Rita Moreno and George Chakiris in WEST SIDE STORY"Smoke on your pipe and put THAT in!" 💃 And by "that" she means her Oscar and her Emmys and her Grammy and her Tony. George just looks hot as sin.