WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU HAVE 48 HRS IN AMSTERDAM ➕OPEN LIST REQUEST➕
I'm gonna be in Amsterdam 4/1-4/3. Never been before. What should I do?! Add suggestions!
- •FYI I'm pretty sure it's gonna rain the whole time
- •Get a slice of Dutch Apple Pie at Winkle 43
- •Go to the Food HallenEssentially indoor food trucks. So good. Skip the burger place, it was good but not amazing.
- •Anne Frank houseSee if they have entrance tickets online NOW. If they don't, also check the night before. Idk if I just lucked out, but a couple were available when I did that. No time is too early. You skip the line (normally a 2 hr wait minimum). If you have any personal connections to the war, this will be a moving experience. If you don't get tickets, it's worth the wait.
- •The boat tour...Is meh. But if you're tired and just want to sit for an hour, it's alright.
- •MarketsSee if there and any and hit them up if there are. Be jealous of the Dutch for having access to such beautiful tulips and wish that you could take some home with you.
- •Heineken ExperienceNot a serious suggestion, but if you're bored, it's kind of fun. I went in with the mentality that I was going to make the museum fun (aka make fun of it) if I had to and so I did. You get 2.5 beers during so... Also, apparently they have horses? If you're not going with friends, don't go.
- •Check out the parksI felt very at peace and at ease, but maybe that's just what I needed that day? Very introspective while walking around by yourself. They have weird birds too, which was fun. You prob won't have enough time for the parks, but I'm going to leave this here anyway.
- •Waffles and/or PoffertjesPoffertjes = mini dutch pancakes. Both are great, sober or high.
- •The National Maritime MuseumSuggested by @mattselman
- •Rent a bike and ride around the canals. Or just walk along them.Full disclosure: I didn't rent a bike bc it was raining the whole time