Camera Guy Set Carry List
So I shoot a lot. Actually it pays my bills. So here's a list of stuff to bring to set - doesn't include cameras or lighting. That will be a different list soon
- •HD 7" monitor. (Currently a high bright Small HD 702)So many times I show up and the camera doesn't have or has a crappy monitor. This solves that issue
- •Mini cardelliniYep it gets used
- •Light meter.This used to be first on my list but... ....Digital. Need I say more. I still use my meter when I can and always on movies
- •Bolt kit.Various small camera bolts and mounting hardware. Helps when your missing that one piece and you shooting out in the Salt lake beds or wherever
- •Hat.Full brim is best but baseball cap can serve in a pinch
- •Sunscreen Chapstick hand wipesAll super useful when crafty is a mile away
- •Hydro Flask Water bottleI have become super fond of double insulated bottles. Keeps it cold or warm and I can refill it Rather than adding to plastic waste and half drunk bottles on set.
- •2 pairs of shoesSo good to change at lunch. I usually go for sneakers and a hiking boot
- •Extra clothesSpecifically t shirt. Pullover lightweight jacket and a waterproof coat. This covers my bases and I don't have to think about it
- •BackpackContains clothes and some accessories. It's preset for grab and go but I check it after each shoot if I used it
- •Roller and/or lacrosse ballsSo you stand all day on set . 12 hours - no joke It's nice to take 5 minutes and roll out or hit a sore spot. Keeps me in the mode for my exercise program where I stretch and roll out every day I'm not working.