7 things I learned working at a French bakery
- •Profiteroles cure almost everything--from heartache to insomnia.
- •No one cares if you lick the end of a piping nozzle, but maybe they should.
- •Recipes written in French require careful translation. Adding 100 eggs when only egg whites are needed is not so easy to cover up. The egg shells never lie.
- •A glass or two of wine at lunch is ok.
- •A baguette is an excellent door stop.
- •Butter. Lots of butter.
- •If you over whip the chocolate mousse your day might be ruined--unless you have plenty of item #1.