Already on li.st? Open in app.
An ever growing account of my ever changing interests
- 1.CyclingI've always loved biking and hated running. I've decided that this year I stop trying to make fetch - I mean running - happen and invest in taking on a healthy activity I will possibly enjoy more!
- 2.Adobe SuiteTime to tackle this monster bit by bit! Self-taught vs in-classroom yet to be determined.
- 3.Yoga/other back strengthening workoutsJust do it b*tch. You know you need to.
- 4.Mentally rebootThis is the year of positive thinking, less worrying, and having faith and pride in myself. We can do this self. Les'go!
The meat and potatoes from a blog post I wrote post partum: https://theramblingpost.wordpress.com/2015/04/11/the-5-things-that-hurt-worse-than-labor/
- 1.The Day AfterThis one is kind of obvious. Your body just pushed a human being out of a very small place - of course it's going to hurt now that the amazing medications aren't circulating through your body anymore! But beyond the physical, my first day post delivery hurt mentally as well. The realization that there was no longer a tiny little person sharing my body was surprisingly a little heartbreaking.
- 2.BreastfeedingAgain, another obvious one. Those first several feedings hurt like crazy! That tiny little mouth can really put a hurtin' on my poor unsuspecting nips. But for that there is lanolin cream. What there isn't a cream for is when you and your husband make the decision to bottle feed your baby pumped breast milk and you suddenly realize that the bonding time you got from breastfeeding would be gone.
- 3.Baby tearsAll babies cry. They cry when they're hungry, they cry when they have a soiled diaper, they cry when they're hot or cold or what-have-you. But what you can't prepare for is when they cry and you have no clue as to why. When you bring home your first precious baby and do your best to soothe whatever it is that's upsetting them, only to look down and see fresh little baby tears. It kills you. I can't tell you how many times I've produced tears to match hers. Baby tears break my heart.