ANGSTY TEENAGER POP CULTURE💔👄
Songs, films, writings and more 🌟💌
- •"Our Deal" music video - Best CoastThis 10-minute music video features some of Best Coast's rawest sad girl music ever (and that says a lot!!!) PLUS it has Chloë Grace Moretz (ultimate teen queen of 2011)!!!!
- •My So Called Life (TV)I watched the first season in one day last week and I loved it. It was and is teen culture at its cruelest.
- •Crush Songs (album) - Karen OKaren O's Crush Songs is everything you feel when you start to develop ~feelings~ and want the anarchy to stop!!!!
- •"Everybody Wants to Rule the World" - Tears for FearsHigh school is a vicious place, darlings.
- •Pretty in PinkOne of my favorite films ever because it is not a normal coming-of-age film. It touches on social pressures and what it's like to be a loser. Also! Blane is a ~dream~
- •"I Was a Teenage Nihilist" by Pauls Toutonghi for Rookie MagI'm not a nihilist, but this essay is beautiful and real, so raw and true and understands this complex time in life.
- •"Forgiven/Forgotten" - Angel OlsenTeenagers can't make up their mind!!!!! We are just little beans of ~soul~!!!!
- •Moonrise KingdomOk I hate the immediate judgement you get from people when you say you like Moonrise Kingdom ("whooooa you're so indie LOLOL!!!") but Wes Anderson is a master storyteller and I'm convinced this film about young love and ~hormones~ is a gift from above.