LEAST BELIEVABLE ASPECTS OF MADE FOR TV HOLIDAY MOVIES
Really, just all Lifetime and Hallmark channel movies. My favorite part of the holidays.
- •Late twenty-ish women living in big cities, generally New York, with massive, massive apartments and homes that are impeccably decorated.
- •Protagonists are always running around their Important Jobs (generally PR or advertising) in four inch heels for 12+ hour daysHow?
- •If ladies are not about to become partner in their Big Deal Jobs, where they work 100+ hour weeks, they're a wayward creative type that is floundering for direction. Absolutely no middle ground.And yet everyone can still pay the rent/mortgage on previously mentioned large home
- •Everyone is always in chic, on tend outfits whose components are never seen more than once throughout the whole moviePurses, coats, suits... Everything except their quirky trademark personality revealing jewelry
- •All families live within a short drive of each other
- •Engagements always, always happen in the last ten minutes of the movie, between a couple that wasn't truly dating to begin withI've come so accustomed to this that I'm actually sad when it doesn't happen
- •And yet I love these movies so, so, so much.And have watched many this weekend. And will watch many more before Christmas 🎄