DISHES I HAVE INVENTED BECAUSE I ONLY HAD FOOD SCRAPS TO COOK WITH
I call it scrapcooking
- •My first time: peanut butter and Cocoa Puff sandwichIn college I was out of milk for cereal, so I spread some peanut butter on slice of bread and mashed Cocoa Puffs in it and ate it like a taco. An experimenter was born.
- •You Must Be YolkingFour eggs yolks leftover from a recipe and 2 oz of ready made polenta. Beat the yolks and fry everything together in butter. Hunger cured! Nausea induced!
- •Waffle Mix DelightPut old chocolate chips and frozen raspberries in a bowl and microwave til mushy. Add a bit of almond milk and some waffle mix. Microwave in 30 second intervals until it is a consistency.
- •No-bake No-eat Oatmeal CookieAn oatmeal packet mixed with Greek yogurt, chocolate chips and peanut butter. Roll into balls and vow never to do this again.
- •Hummus'pposed To Eat This?Sautéed kale mixed with hummus while still warm. It is recommended to keep these things separate.
- •Honey Nut Honey Nuts CerealA spoonful of almonds with some honey from a honey bear squirted on it. Really, really good if you don't say or think the word "squirted."
- •Veggie MightA cooked garden burger crumbled over tortilla chips, with some dollops of hummus. It's nachos for people who haven't paid for their crimes.
- •PB Spicy RiceHeat up leftover rice with peanut butter, sriracha and green onions. Add a fried egg, and you've got something a Thai person would punch you for.
- •Scramble's SoupI did this when I lived abroad: dry tomato soup mix in eggs while you scramble them with oil. Not bad at all, and the chemicals that make up a dry soup mix give you a nice, radioactive glow.
- •Instant Coffee YogurtAlso an overseas invention for times when hot water wasn't available but you need coffee. Best when force-fed.