TIMES WHEN YOU CAN JUST GO FOR IT
You'll be fine
- •When there's one piece of some sort of food left.Take courage, dear heart. And take the damn cookie.
- •When someone has to start the buffet line.What's the deal with this?
- •When you're being given plenty of room to merge onto the highway.Just fuckin go. (Edit: this might be more of a thing in the South)
- •When a guy seems interested.For anyone attracted to men: invite him to a thing you're already doing. Be the first to use the not-clear-if-it's-a-date tactic. Works a charm.
- •When are wondering if you should throw an extra dollar in a tip.It's just a dollar, but you will make someone's day if it bumps the tip over 20%.
- •When someone says something racist/ sexist/ homophobic and they think they are in good company.Mostly it's not necessary to mount an eloquent defense. Just a simple expression of dissent can throw someone's world into a tailspin.
- •Setting a date when an old friend/new friend wants to hang out.I'm bad about this. But it's never once turned out badly when I do it.