INSIDER TIPS ABOUT BOSTON I LOVE TELLING PEOPLE
New to the city? Freshman at college? Visiting for a weekend? Chances are I'll bring up these insider tidbits.
- •The cleanest public bathrooms in Boston are at the Boston Public LibraryNot only is the BPL one of my favorite places, the bathrooms are ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️. Walk straight in and take a left and just go around, you'll bump into them. They also finished a massive renovation and the ones on the second floor are even nicer!
- •Student RushBroadway shows, ballet, Boston pops- all have discount tickets when the box office opens! Never pay more than $40 unless you HAVE to get them in advance! The A.R.T. in Cambridge and the BSO has a student membership you can buy that's good for the whole season! If you plan on going a lot, that's the way to do it! EVEN the Red Sox have student rush - see a game for $12!
- •Borrowing E-books from the libraryBPL has set it up so e-books can be downloaded and borrowed for 14 days at a time! So awesome! Works on a kindle or anything with a kindle app!
- •You can swim / lounge on the hotel roof pools for free during the summer!Just pay for 🍹
- •Don't rub John Harvard's food in CambridgeThose smarty pants students get drunk and pee on it
- •When any big sports team wins a big game Dunkin Donuts will have free medium hot coffees on the app the next dayAlso you can delete the app from your phone and re download it to claim it multiple times
- •SOWA MarketBest way to spend a Sunday, hands down. All the food trucks and local craft designers/ artists in the city are over in the south end! The SOWA right before Halloween is my favorite because everyone goes all out in costume.
- •The Orange LineThe best T line in the city. So fast. Goes everywhere worth going.
- •Brewery ToursThey are all under $5 (Most are free!) and all have free drinks! I would recommend Sam Adams, Harpoon (the homemade pretzels there are to die for) and Downeast Cider if you're feeling really hip!
- •Best streets for a stroll:Everyone is going to walk down Newbury street, but Charles (right next to the common) and Tremont are also super adorable