SHOWS I WATCHED WITH MY GRANDMA GROWING UP
My Grandma (Greeta = Grandma + Rita) has lived with my family for the last decade. She has her own apartment above our garage and has lived off a strict diet of Oreos and m&ms for as long as I can remember. With a "no junk food" and "no TV" policy in our house, I found myself spending a lot of quality time with Greeta afrer school
- •Days of Our LivesThis show ran from 2:00-3:00pm. I got out of school at 2:15 so I never fully grasped the story lines because I would show up for the last bit every day.
- •General HospitalFrom 3:00-4:00pm this has been Greeta's staple show for the last 70+ years. I started watching it with her WAY too young and was able to hold up a conversation about the Luke and Laura relationship by 6th grade.
- •Rosie O'Donnell Show4:00-5:00pm Greeta even has a Rosie O'Donnel action figure that says "Dreams come true, with Rosie!" If you push it's stomach. The doll has outlived the TV show at this point.
- •Oprah4:00-5:00pm Replaced Rosie.
- •Ellen4:00-5:00pm By the time Ellen made it onto the network I wasn't able to spend my afternoons with Greeta all day. It's still on if you go over between 4-5 though
- •News5:00-6:00pm By this time I would start getting antsy and my parents would come home. Finally time to start working on homework.
- •Inside edition6:00-7:00pm If my parents and I went over after dinner, we'd find Greeta catching up on her daily dose of celebrity gossip. Oreo in hand of course.