Things I'm thankful for during my first week in the Middle East
I just moved to Amman, Jordan for the next few months.
- •My host family.Amazing, friendly, funny, kind people.
- •The view.
- •I speak some Arabic.Incredibly useful.
- •My roommate is not a morning person.We have separate rooms, but thank god I wasn't with a chatty early bird while I was dealing with jet lag.
- •The exchange rate.Even though Jordan has one of the highest costs of living in the world, it's still less than the US. And I am loving it.
- •It's still the desert, but there's almost always a breeze.It feels amazing. But smells like tobacco.
- •Tums.It is stressful on the body to adapt to a new time zone, climate, and diet. Tums + ginger tea 👏