FIGHT OR FLIGHT?
One of the greatest things my dad has ever helped me learn was whether I am fight or flight in a perceived dangerous situation
- •My family arrived at the beach house we share with our extended family
- •I walk into my bedroom and it looks like there is a person sleeping in my bed
- •I calmly walk back outside and tell my dad the situation
- •I wait on the porch with my mom and sister as my dad goes to check
- •He runs out of the house screaming "there is a man in the bed with a knife"
- •I immediately push my mother and sister out of my way and run down the block.
- •My family eventually comes to get me as I had run a few blocks away
- •They were all laughing because it was a joke
- •Moral of the story: I am flight