What it's like to be a straight passing gay
- •You feel guilty you aren't "gay" enoughSo you aren't representing your minority group as every other minority group has no alternative but to represent
- •No one ever expects you to be gay so you spend all your time in an inner debate of whether or not to come out
- •When you do come out, people either assume you are lying or that you were molested as a childIt may sound hard to believe but I have literally had people ask me that as a retort when I say I'm gay
- •When you hold hands with your girlfriend, people assume you are just best friends or worse sisters
- •People assume your relationships are "just a phase" because you just "haven't found the right guy yet"
- •Everyone assumes you'll be good at sports or will one day rock an alternative super short cut hairstyleNot this lesbian
- •But worse is that people will say homophobic things in front of you because they never expect you to be gay 😔