Movies I’ll Always Watch if They’re on TV
When it's on TV, I drop the remote
- •Back to the FutureHonestly one of the best time travel movies ever made. There's often a marathon of the trilogy on AMC or Encore.
- •Harry PotterAny one of the films is a reason to stop what you're doing. Despite the commercials, the best channel to watch it is on ABC Family (or Freeform) because they air the movies in full with deleted or additional scenes. It's always labeled as "Harry Potter Weekend" whenever it airs on the channel.
- •The HolidayThis Nancy Meyer classic just gets you excited about the holidays in whatever season you're in.
- •Adventures in BabysittingIt's always on Encore and just the best cure if you're having "Babysitting Blues"
- •The AviatorBeing a fan of old Hollywood-based movies, this one is one of my favorites.
- •Indiana Jones"Thor and Dr. Jones. One plays with lightening the other plays with bones." USA and Syfy frequently airs all four films.
- •HitchI just love how New York is depicted in this movie. A lot of gems are showcased in this romantic comedy - Ellis Island, Rice to Riches, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, to name a few.
- •You've Got MailA New York movie that highlights the beauty of the Upper West Side.
- •Dead Poets SocietyO Captain My Captain!
- •CharadeIt's been called the best Hitchcock movie Hitchcock never made. This Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant caper is so great from the chemistry between the two stars to the film's Paris setting. You can find it on TCM (one time they aired it on PBS too).
- •FrequencyAnother great movie about time travel - how changing the past can greatly affect the present. I watched this with my then 12-year-old cousin and he couldn't stop thinking about it or talking about it for weeks.
- •SkyfallBecause Spectre is currently showing. Skyfall is probably one of my favorite Bond movies starring Daniel Craig, along with Casino Royale. It's often showing on either TBS or USA.