SMALL BUT GREAT TRAGEDIES
Alas, poor kettle corn! I knew him, Horatio.
- •The toast landing jam-side-down.
- •Losing an earring.
- •Thinking there was more in the cup but it's empty.
- •Somebody who you don't really like that much but still, you thought they liked you a lot, and it turns out they don't like you that much either.
- •The cover of a paperback book getting bent or damaged in any way.Also when the same thing happens to hardcover book jacket. Or when the pages get smushed.
- •Tearing a run in a new pair of tights.
- •A soup dumpling leaking before you can slurp the soup from it.
- •Spilling a bag of cheap popcorn on the ground.Or spilling anything, really.
- •Forgetting to use a coupon.My tacos today could have been $6 instead of $8!!!!!!!!!!
- •Missing the free parking time limit by less than five minutes."Sorry, ma'am, that will be $2842727."
- •Getting your socks wet.
- •Leaving your yoga mat at home and being forced to use one that OTHER PEOPLE have touched.Same goes for going bowling and forgetting socks.
- •Someone eating the very large yellow nectarine that you specifically hid in the back of the refrigerator so that no one would take it."Forgive me, it was so cold,/so labeled with your name on it."
- •Finding out that your casual-maybe-crush-but-you-have-not-officially-crushed-yet person is, in fact, already taken.