Ways My Cat Tells Me What She Really Thinks of Me
10 years ago I rescued a malnourished dandruffy black kitten with a giant bobblehead because she meowed every time I walked into animal control. I love her very much. She loves my husband.
- •Peeing on my shoes.
- •Scratching at the door to sound like a serial killer then running away when I open the door.
- •Twitching the end of her tail in my direction. I'm sure this is her way of flipping me off.
- •Meowing at my husband when I say her name.
- •Ignoring me until I get on the phone for a business call, at which point she howls like a bitter hungry baby.
- •Only eating the food at the edge of the feeder and then screeching at visitors like I'm starving her.
- •Dipping her paw in the water bowl and licking it off so she can keep one eye on me while she drinks.
- •Dragging my scarf over to where I left my shoes so she can more efficiently pee on more of my stuff.
- •Giving me this face because I didn't heat up the bacon.