Common two letter country codes used without knowing it
Countries run their own top level domains, all of which are two letters long. Just hope yours is not caught in conflict.
- 1..ly owned by LibyaWhoops. Too late.
- 2..af run by AfghanistanSorry, CAP (you know who you are).
- 3..me is from Montenegrojoin.me tech support didn't know their affiliation.
- 4..st is an island nation of Sao Tome and PrincipeNil. Chances most people even know of this nation. Hmmmm li.st why there?
- 5..tv is TuvaluAnd really the first country to give its name to the internet, and getting lots of cash for its ten thousand citizens.
- 6..co is the designation for ColumbiaFooled by thinking it was just like .com? Nope, you just got lost in the jungle.
- 7..io is for a patch of water called the British Indian Ocean TerritoryNot input/output you coders at github.
- 8..us is for USNot us. Or words ending with "us".
- 9..bs is the BahamasActually probably used for Bahamian web sites. Though if it weren't a country code, would describe well those sites and services that misuse the country codes (at the peril of those depending on them).