Modern Fiction - 10 Favorites
In no specific order, and from the last century.
- •Freedom, Jonathan Franzen.
- •Home, Marilynne Robinson"It had a kind of torpor, but if you could see it in God's time - geologically - you'd see it leap from the ground and spread its arms in the sun to bask in the joys of being an oak tree in Iowa."
- •In the Beauty of the Lilies, John Updike
- •Old School, Tobias Wolff
- •Bark, Lorrie Moore
- •The Sense of An Ending, Julian Barnes
- •The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter, Carson McCullers
- •Wise Blood, Flannery O'Connor
- •Pulphead, John Jeremiah Sullivan
- •White Teeth, Zadie Smith