Reasons why movies are important
- •They make you more productiveBecause you have to make up for the time you lost while watching the movie
- •They take you to a different worldBe it a different time period, planet, or world i.e. Saving private Ryan, Star Trek, or Harry Potter
- •They help you externalize your feelingsDon't like crying? Watch remember the Titans Don't know any funny people? Watch she's the man Aren't smart? Watch goodwill hunting They'll bring things up, man
- •They help exaggerate your feelingsThey make you laugh harder, cry harder, care more, and get angrier than you ever could in a real life situation and they do it in under 3 hr (usually)
- •They show people's true colorsWhat's your favorite movie? Oh, it's made by hallmark? I'm sorry, we can't be friends. It's die hard? Ok. We can talk. It's lord of the rings? When's good for you? I'm free in an hour.
- •They make you smarterI've learned things in movies. For instance, I learned the word agog from Les Mis. I learned that it's possible to fake being an airline pilot, lawyer, and Doctor from Catch Me if You Can. I learned there's no crying in baseball from Tom Hanks in A League of Their Own.
- •They make up a whole languageI speak fluent movie quotes
- •They go good with food and boredomHungry and have nothing to do?
- •Why not?