MY MOST RECENT NOTES
- •"Ray"Good character name? I think she sounds like a 23 year old with a sharp tongue but a crippling conscience of her own insignificance
- •"Supple"An *ah* word
- •A poem for a friendIt begins, "Here's to the kind of blue that makes you question all other blues."
- •"There are a hundred places to search for a broken girl." (Cathy Marie - The Painted Girls)You know the kind of sentence that can snap you out of a hypnotic narrative? The kind that is all the more moving outside of its context?
- •"The regularity of the cubicles made me feel I had found a place in the order of things; I felt enlarged by the largeness of it. I would wear a tie." (Matthew Crawford in Shop Class as Soulcraft)But the settled things are the most unsettling
- •A poem about some one else's love storyIsn't someone else's much easier to write than your own?
- •A list of things to do before I left for homeAh can't forget a healthy dose of mundanity