REASONS WHY CHEETAH GIRLS IS AN IMPORTANT FEMINIST FILM
The Disney Channel original movie The Cheetah Girls was a very important film for me as a young feminist. I had the soundtrack and the book series, and my friends and I performed a dance to Cheetah Sisters at our talent show in fifth grade. Here are a few reasons why I think it should be on every young person's watchlist.
- •Female friendship is a priority
- •The Cheetahs demand respect from their love interestsThough the only standard love interest comes in the second film
- •Showcases healthy relationships between mothers and daughters
- •A widely diverse cast
- •Promotes girl power
- •The Cheetahs are confident and know their worth
- •They stay true to themselves, even if it means passing on a rare opportunity
- •One word: Cinderella.I'D RATHER RESCUE MYSELF
- •It's simply cheetahlicious!