THE BARS I'M DRINKING AT SXSW
These bars look great, let's go! Organized by location...
- •Half Step - Trust your Bartenders choice. 75 Rainey St.
- •The Drafting Room - Romantic wine bar. 88 1/2 Rainey St.
- •The Roosevelt Room - Justin Lavenue was just recently named one of Food & Wine's Best New Mixologists and one of Austin's 30 Under 30. On Congress.
- •Bar Congress - Posh cocktail lounge with a sidewalk patio serving inventive small plates & many wines by the glass. 200 Congress Av.
- •Botticelli's South Congress - Dine on traditional Italian fare or try happy hour in the beer garden with live music on weekend. 1321 S. Congress Av.
- •Cloak Room - Long-running dimly lit basement bar with a quiet, cozy atmosphere, domestic drafts & a jukebox. 1300 Colorado St.
- •Donn’s Depot - Piano bar with live music, 2 dance floors & a diverse crowd, set in old rail cars & a former depot. 1600 W. 5th
- •Mezcalería - mescal speakeasy. 1816 E. 6th St.
- •Wonderland - Loungey bar offering craft cocktails on tap, happy hour & live music, plus food trucks on-site. 1104 E. 6th St.
- •Midnight Cowboy - Speakeasy-inspired bar in a former brothel. 313 E 6th St.
- •Whistler's - This former biker-bar-turned-ambient-cocktail-lounge features a spacious patio and Eastside King Thai-Kun food trailer. 1816 E 6th St.
- •Small Victory - intimate downtown cocktail lounge serves up the classics. 108 E 7th St.