Already on li.st? Open in app.
*almost, i still have to finish submitting the art portfolio tomorrow morning
in the process of making sew-on patches for my jacket out of canvas, acrylic paint, and embroidery floss - these are a few patches in the painting stage
- •new york+ excelsior, the state motto meaning "ever upward"
- •violingonna add shine to the wood part & strings of blue thread
- •labryssymbol of feminism/lesbianism 😛
or, things I don't delete from my phone
- •old alarmsI have no less than 71 alarms (not set) because I never delete them. One highlight: a 6:15 am one labelled "GET BAGELS W JACK." It was from my birthday, when my best friend picked me up before work for a mini-celebration by the river.
- •the "favorites" album in photosfunny snapchats i favorited to make them easier to find for birthday posts, pictures of my art to track works in progress, pictures of leaves
- •abandoned WordPalette entriesscraps of poetry from this lovely app, which is super helpful for writer's block
for @biz and for owen and for everyone who misses them
- •It feels almost like thievery to claim grief
- •As though I knew you well enough in life for love
so just finished volunteering at this summer academic program for local underprivileged kids who don't have the resources for a good education during the school year & my job now is to write a reflection on it - i thought listing would help but i also just miss it lots so i thought i should share :)
- •the kids were the cutestthere's this lil mush named Ludwin who falls down a lot and claims it's because he's still getting used to his human legs after years as a sandwich walking on his sandwich corners...apparently he has sandwich brothers and sisters all over the world, "even in Asia"
- •part 2another lil mush named Jack was this perpetually smiling kid who told us that he just wanted to make people laugh by saying silly things! i had a secret handshake with him, and he liked to turn my baseball backwards and say "oh look, it's cool izzy!" also, when my friend, a fellow volunteer, rolled onto the ground when he got tired, jack came over, stood above him and observed, "he needs some milk!" then walked away. amazing.
- •it's incredible how much kids can grow in just a couple weekswe talked a lot about leadership the first week, and by the second week i was seeing this shy kid (also named Jack) speak up during drama and volunteer to present his final history project third. plus, during english, a girl named sam had clearly taken the lead during a conversation, but at one point stepped back and said, "actually i've kind of talked a lot during this discussion, so if you guys want to go you can!" i loved seeing her exemplify what we said about how leadership takes listening
- •hola kiddos
- •i have decided to start subscribing to podcasts after falling in love with the NYTimes' "Modern Love" series and i was hoping yall might have some suggestions
currently working on a portrait of a friend and i wanted to update yall as i go :) // inspired by @boygirlparty
- •10/17 edit: clearly I lost track of the "live" in "live drawing" but this is what became of this piece...
Inspired by @semioccasional // an acrostic poem because im seven years old
Inspired by @fairy and @amieshmamie
- •ppl who think classic rock is the only real musics t o p
- •black coffeewhy do yall keep pretending this shit is good
- •winter after decemberwhats the point
more like @lesbian appreciation but its fINE