PARKS & REC AND THE OFFICE CONNECTIONS
Two of my favorite shows have an awful lot in common with each other.
- •Parks & Rec (P&R) creators Greg Daniels and Mike Schur both wrote for The Office
- •Toby + Michael in The Office (TO) have a unique one-sided hatred that is very similar to that between all of the P&R characters and Jerry Gergich.
- •Each show's main character has a quirky personality (Leslie Knope and Michael Scott) that (spoiler alert) starts single and ends up marrying someone they work with. Each one also takes a break from dating the person they eventually marry because of a work protocol that prohibits them from dating.
- •Rashida Jones has a recurring role in both shows as Ann Perkins on P&R and Karen Filippelli on TO.
- •Both shows have a slightly daft main character (Leslie/Michael), a character of Indian descent (Tom/Kelly), an older white male (Jerry/Kevin), a goofy character named Andy, a morose female character (April/Angela), a slightly funny-yet-loveable and kinda hot male character (Ben/Jim).
- •Spoiler alert: Jim and Pam's original wedding plan gets slightly derailed and they end up getting married on a boat at Niagra falls. Ben and Leslie's original wedding plans were derailed twice and they ended up marrying back on at City Hall.
- •Rob Huebel plays Holly's boyfriend and eventual fiancée AJ in TO and Harvey Spielyorm in an episode on season 6 of P&R.