I CAN'T BELIEVE I HAVE SO MANY TATTOOS (JK YES I CAN)
I've loved tattoos since I was a little boy. My parents had them growing up and I always wanted them. I spent my childhood drawing on myself and got my first tattoo when I was 16. This is a list (potentially in chronological order if I can remember) of the tattoos that I have to date.
- •Peace signThis was my first tattoo. It is on my shoulder. It is faded and cute and even though world peace is a comical concept I still like the idea of finding my own inner peace 😌
- •A smiley face that is smirkingOn the back of my left calf. I got this for my 17th birthday. My mom calls it a shit eating grin lol
- •RelaxGot this tattoo on my right hip when I was visiting NYC in 2012
- •AnchorVery cliche. A 'keep yourself grounded' mixed with 'uproot yourself whenever you're ready' context lmao I'm such a contradiction
- •California poppies on my ribsThis was my 2nd most painful tattoo and I slept through a lot of it. Lmao ok I'm so thin in this picture it's painful like how did I not love myself
- •The silhouette of a beardI wouldn't call this a regret but it is the only tattoo I have that I could see myself removing or covering up. It was poorly done and the ink bled out of the outline so it looks constantly bruised. Luckily I can wear a string bikini and it can still be covered
- •Rabbit rabbitMy mom and I have the same lucky rabbits tattooed on our arms
- •Samuel FrenchMy largest most painful tattoo. On my left thigh. Took almost six hours and my leg literally was like spasming it was so bad
- •PaisleyOne of the most overpriced but cutest tattoos I have. The artist quoted me for 4 hours of work and the tattoo only took about an hour and I still paid for 4 hours :/
- •!Smallest tattoo. Hidden by my wrist watch.
- •Friday the 13th candle$13 tattoos with a $7 lucky tip. My name means candle maker so I thought it was fitting
- •Portland flowersI got this cute tattoo at the Jade Mermaid in Portland when I turned 22.
- •C'est la vieUnder my rabbit. My grandpa used to have a sailboat called the sailve but it was destroyed in a hurricane. (That's life)
- •FireworksDone as a pride special this year at a shop by my house. Not #4thofjulypride but rather #aropride and #gaypride
- •And I'm hoping to get something fun this weekend at the Minneapolis tattoo conventionI'm thinking about a blue pineapple