MY DARKEST MOMENT
- •I am thirteen and it is a Sunday morning. Our family is just getting home from church.Ugh it's crazy like writing this the pain I feel in my chest still!
- •My father did not come to church, and is walking out to his car with suit cases as we pull up.
- •It's almost like deja vu only the first time he left we didn't get home in time to say goodbye. So it feels like we are catching him red handed.
- •We get inside. He still has a few more trips to make to the car, a few more things to bring with him.
- •I hide in the bathroom. This is the third time he has left, and I do not want to say goodbye.
- •He knocks.
- •He comes in and he tells me he's leaving. I hate him but I am so hurt and so confused and I hug him while we cry for a brief moment.
- •He leaves. Moves to Arizona.
- •My mother drives my brothers and I to turtle river to spend the day. We burn all of our old school papers and notebooks in a fire pit.