WHEN PEOPLE TALK ABOUT SPORTS
Sitting at the bar overhearing a conversation about the statistics of players/teams...
- •I can't help but tune outWhich is fine rn like I'm eavesdropping so it's okay to tune it out but when I'm in a conversation it happens too
- •I am not an athlete
- •And I'm not trying to be a hater
- •Because I can talk about musical theater or pop culture for fucking hoursSo I realize the joy in geeking out with someone about something you are passionate about
- •But I don't get the obsession men have with being so all-knowing about sportsSorry to generalize but I actually love to speak about sports with girls who don't feel like they have to prove anything about their knowledge of the sport to be a fan
- •And I guess I just haven't ever encountered that yet with men
- •And maybe it's because I grew up as a gymnast and a dancer
- •And even though I was athletic as fuck back thenI was told I wasn't in 'real sports'
- •So I quit gymnastics and joined flag footballWhich didn't work out
- •Then basketballDidn't make a single shot all season
- •WrestlingLost to a girl which for some reason was supposed to be embarrassing even though her brother was a state champion and she was a scrapper! Also couldn't stop fantasizing about all the visible dicks in singlets
- •Idk man
- •SportsLiterally infiltrating all aspects of my life daily without my approval