STAGES OF BEING AN AMATEUR PHOTOGRAPHER - AS TOLD BY MY SISTER
My sister wanted to try listing for for herself, so I let her borrow my phone 👍
- •You bring your camera with you everywhere and I mean e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e (random excursions out to McDonald's anyone??)
- •You want to have a photoshoot with everything and everyone
- •With time comes improvement, but those first couple photos (or should I say first couple years) with your camera you'd rather not show to the world ... Hello blurry photos with no sense of lighting at all
- •No tripod? No problem!! Stacks on stacks of books and boxes were the key to everything
- •Hours and hours spent on YouTube and photography blogs trying to devour as much content as you possibly can
- •Immediately wanting to go out and shoot after watching said videos and reading said blogs
- •"I'm so sorry this is taking a long time but I need you to model for me and your hair is just being a tad bit fussy"
- •Finally you find out about free photoshop and Lightroom downloads and you can ditch those websites with a million and one filters that you once thought were super cool
- •Edit, edit, edit - editing is the key to success!
- •Dreaming about being a wildlife photographer for national geographic .... Dreaming about being a photographer for anything really
- •Your friends are coming to you for photography advice!! :D
- •Doubting yourself as a photographer because how could you possibly be as good as your idols you see online?
- •Finally putting yourself out there (and your work) for others to see
- •Still doubts self but knows that in order to grow you need to experience