WHAT I LOVE ABOUT MY MAJOR(S)
requested by @analyce
- •My majors are a backup planI was going to be an astrophysicist, but that didn't work out
- •Genetic engineering!!!!I took a class on genetic engineering in tenth grade and adored it. I made e.coli fluorescent, and it was the most glorious experience of my life
- •Genetics in generalSo, I most likely have a genetic disorder called Ehlers Danlos syndrome. It's interesting to me how that worked out.
- •I can keep working on what I did this summer!I studied vole genetics (specifically melanocortin) in a lab
- •My dad's a biologist, so I'm carrying on the family tradition! (My mom does everything; she can't choose a particular job)He's a wildlife biologist who studied muskox
- •I just love science in general, and I hope to work in engineering for space explorationI'd love an internship at NASA.
- •As for languages, I already speak three, and adore itMaybe that's an exaggeration- my Japanese isn't all that great, but my Spanish and English are
- •I have to take linguistics classes, which will be super funWhoo! Like biology, I'll be learning more about commonplace things
- •I want to be able to communicate my thoughts betterWhat is the English word for ろまじい? I don't know.
- •Languages are just fun, and I want to speak them all!For my major, I need three classes above the 300 level for two languages, which will probably be Japanese and Spanish for me, because I can start at the 300 level. If I have time, though, I want to try Arabic, so I can communicate with more people
- •My ultimate career goal is to be a translator for scientific papers!That would be so much fun
- •I'm interested in so many things, so diverse majors will help me with thatMy classes this semester are all sociology, as I dropped physics and calculus because I was failing calc