Books on my bookshelf I still need to read
I am really, really behind on my reading. I've been buying books faster than I can read them! The number of items on this list is making me feel busy and anxious about the amount of reading I have to catch up on(and how I'll fit these when I go back to my dorm this weekend)😬
- •Food: A Love Story by Jim GaffiganI LOVE his stand up but could never justify buying one of his books because I thought, "I can watch his stand up for free." But then I got a Barnes and Noble coupon and splurged.
- •Yes Please by Amy PoehlerI know this is going to be good. How could it not be? I'll read this next because my grandma got it for me for Christmas and I'm sure she'll want to know if I liked it.
- •The President's Club by Gibbs/DuffyI started this book like 3 years ago then left it at home when I went to college and haven't touched it since. Sad, cause it started really good. It's about the relationships former presidents have with each other. I wonder how Trump will influence future presidents 🤔
- •The Wilder Life by Wendy McClureI love Little House on the Prairie and I really am looking forward to reading this. It's a memoir about a time in McClure's life where she tries to live like they did in those books.
- •A Study in Charlotte by Brittany CavalarroThis was a total impulse buy in target when of course I kept telling myself "I'm only here for milk! This will not turn into a huge shopping spree!" But then this was on an end cap and the pink caught my eye. It's about the teen descendants of Sherlock Holmes and Watson, and that's all I really know about it.
- •Most Talkative by Andy CohenAnother impulse buy. I don't watch WWHL often but when I do I think Andy is funny, and I love when he cohosts on Kelly Ripa's show, so I think (hope?) I'll like this.
- •The Residence by Kate Andersen BrowerI got this book for my birthday because I just really love history. It's about the White House and it's staff, rooms, etc. it's just so hard to motivate myself to read a serious nonfiction when I have so many fiction and funny memoirs to read 😝
- •North River by Pete HamillMy grandma gave me this Great Depression novel when she finished it because she knows I love historical fiction. She's such a sweetheart ❤
- •Learning to Swim by Sara HenryMy now ex boyfriends mom gave me this years ago for no reason. I was kind of confused as to why as it doesn't seem like my typical sort of book. I didn't get into it at the time, and I keep thinking "I should give that book a second chance" but I'm not sure I ever will.