Already on li.st? Open in app.
M&Ms (especially peanut butter, the best M&Ms) should be eaten by color (sorting into piles optional) and this is the optimal order for consumption. Also, these list seems to highlight some mild OCD tendencies I may or may not have...
It's almost halfway through my internship and I still don't have access to the files to need to do my work, so I've had to find other ways to occupy the 40 hours each week...
- •Cleaned out my email inbox
- •Read two books
- •Prepared almost all my lectures for the class I'll teach this fall
A little over 4 years ago I moved to Albany to pursue a PhD. I'd only ever lived in Louisville and Bowling Green, Kentucky so moving here was a bit different. So here is a list of ways Albany has made me better and made me worse....
- •IndependenceI've always lived near family and had friends I've known for years around. So, living here is different because I don't have a wise social network of people to call on when I need something. This is both good and bad.
- •I hate driving nowAlbany drivers and pedestrians are the worst. Seriously. JUST FOLLOW BASIC TRAFFIC LAWS. ALSO, DON'T WALK IN FRONT OF CARS. I get crazy stressed out whenever I have to drive, so I avoid it, but this avoidance has apparently made my car have issues (did you know not driving regularly can cause cars to have issues, it can...)
- •RootsI've always been proud to be from Louisville and Kentucky. They may have their faults, but I love them and the people who live there. Living away made me realize how special these places and people are and how much I want to live there again. Also, my southern identity has been strengthened, something I wouldn't have imagined before.
Mostly a list of ailments turning 27 has brought on...
- •Took an "accidental" nap the other day
- •I now (often) have to sleep with a pillow between my legs to alleviate back pain
- •Every morning I have to blow my nose upon waking up
- •My left hip needs to be popped multiple times a day
I always miss my old Kentucky home, and on the days when I'm missing it a little extra these fellow Kentuckians help me feel like I'm back in the bluegrass 💙 🎶
- •Sturgill Simpson
- •Loretta Lynn
- •My Morning Jacket
Some of the best and strongest women I know and just so happen to be related to ❤️
- •My sweet Gran
- •My sweet Grandmommie
- •Four generations of Hohn (Murphy, Clements) women
It may be spring break, but I'm at peak grad school diet today...
- •Honey Greek yogurt
- •2 cups of coffee
- •3 Biscuits with strawberry jam
- •A bottle of wine
Actual pieces of advice my sister and I have received over the years
- •When you clean up you find things
- •If you don't want things on your bed, don't put them there
- •Watch out for raindropsProbably my favorite piece of advice, given before a rainy weekend drive home from college
- •Leaves reflected in the pond
- •Golden leaves on the blue sky
- •Leaves like fire in the sky
- •Does he love you? by Reba McEntire and Linda Davis