Things My Mom Says
She has a lot of these and as far as I can tell they are of her own invention
- •'Industrial strength stupid'Used to describe things that are more than typically stupid. Stupid is interchangeable with 'foolish' when she deems necessary.
- •'Nominative case, my dear.'To be altered according to whichever grammar offense we committed in her hearing
- •'You are a wonderful poochie bear and a credit to your generation'I am 28 years old and it has just occurred to me that I have no idea what the origin of 'wonderful poochie bear' might be
- •'Absence of malice is not an excuse'We never got away with 'but I didn't mean to'
- •'Straighten up and fly right'
- •Referring to the police as 'the local constabulary' or 'the local gendarmerie'I have never heard her call them 'the local po-po' so that's good