Things That Taste Like My Childhood
Growing up in a family of 12 certain things were staples.
- •CantaloupeWhich I hate. It was the fruit we could afford bc it was always super cheap. Still tastes like 'can't afford anything better' to me
- •Jell-oMy mom got us all to somehow believe this was the biggest deal ever even tho it's garbage and costs like a nickel a box. Well played, mom.
- •My Aunt Patty's taco saladShe used a whole bottle of Kraft French dressing and brought it to every family party and I found it DELICIOUS
- •Dunkin' Donuts4 lyfe (butternut cake donut 🏅)
- •Chicken thighs marinated in Wishbone Italian dressingAka dinner thousands of nights
- •Crystal Light lemonadeWe went through this stuff like crazy. It was and is gross but to my kid mind it was better than stupid boring water.
- •Canada mints (the pink ones)Literally the only candy my mom ever bought us. Before the cvs opened and forced out Arthur Drug in Windsor center she'd get a bag of these as a reward for not murdering each other in the car while she ran errands.
- •Fish sticksThe extent of my seafood experience until I was 18 with the exception of...
- •STUFFED CLAMSI don't know what they were stuffed with but our local stop'n'shop sold them and once mom got them on sale and all 10 of our heads collectively exploded. I haven't had any in probably 15 years, but I remember exactly how they tasted.