IF I WERE TRAPPED ON A DESERT ISLAND WITH ONLY THREE TV SERIES
The app suggested it and I have opinions. Let's go.
- •First of all. I won't be doing some "theme" thing where it's all island TV shows or something. There will be NO 'Lost' on this list.
- •30 RockI'll need a chill comedy to counteract the heavy drama. Something I can watch the same way I eat popcorn: mindlessly and handfuls at a time. Oh boy, it's tough between this and The Office. But if I want to nurture my sense of humor I'm gonna need some night cheese, Snuggies, and Mickey Rourke encounters.
- •Dead Like MeBecause I don't know how long I'll be on this island and this series never fails to make me feel good. A short series with quality content. I might end up rewatching it a few times, but I'd rather rewatch this light hearted comedy than blow through endless episodes of CSI or something.
- •The WireBecause it will take me being stranded on an island for me to watch this and the 50 other shows that have been recommended to me but are hard to get into. I'm gonna want some new content, not just stuff I've already seen, and from what I've heard, this is the best there is. Also, since I will need something to invest in aside from creating smoke signals and building rafts, I will need something as theme-heavy and profound as the Wire.
- •Honourable mentions: Battlestar Galactica, Breaking Bad, Happy Endings, Parks & Recreation, Veep, Boardwalk Empire.