TEN THINGS I UNDERSTAND ONLY MARGINALLY BUT SPEAK ABOUT WITH ABSOLUTE CONFIDENCE 😬
Inspired by @ListPrompts!
- •Camera equipmentI deal with camera equipment at my job and I have to seem pretty knowledgeable about it. It gets pretty interesting when people start asking questions about how stuff works.
- •PsychologyI took a class in high school once. But I could be a psychologist, really.
- •RelationshipsGo ahead. Ask for advice. My answer is almost always "get outta there."
- •WikileaksI read a lot about it on Wikipedia once and promptly forgot all of it. But I will still bring it up in any conversation!
- •The English languageThough I haven't taken a proper English class since my mid-teen years, I am an ardent proponent of grammatical accuracy. I actually interrupt people, correcting with "whom" while they're talking. Have I gone too far? I say not far enough.
- •Social issuesName one! I can talk about it for hours with very little understanding of the subject.
- •TelevisionI have what I like to call "objectively good taste" in TV.
- •What constitutes a "pie"Cheesecake is pie! I don't care that it has cake in the name. What cake do you know that has a crust?
- •When people ask me to do thingsI usually stop listening about halfway through the instructions, say "got it!", then proceed to do that thing completely improvised. I will not ask for help.
- •DirectionsIf I take a wrong turn, I just keep driving until I know where I am again. I will not admit I made a mistake.