Favorite Moments of the Olympics (So Far)
There will probably be multiples of this list because I am a huge fan of the Olympics
- •Men's 4x100 Freestyle Relay Gold MedalBringing this gold back to the U.S. after all the drama of past years? Fuck yes.
- •Lily King shaking her finger at Yulia Efimova (who wagged her finger after winning her heat), finishing first in her heat, and then calling Efimova out AGAINBackground: Efimova served a suspension for doping and then got caught again but appealed the decision and was allowed to compete based on a technicality. Then this doping wench had the balls to wag her finger like she's some badass? Oh hell no. King called her out and I'm thrilled.
- •Flavia Saraiva on balance beamThis little sixteen-year-old nugget from Brazil did an absolutely badass routine in balance beam and everyone was so happy and she's just so talented and tiny and I loved it
- •Ibtihaj Muhammed winning her first boutSUPER INTENSE MATCH. They were tied like six different times. She's so talented and such a hard worker and just what a fucking moment, you know? She lost her second bout but I don't care, she's awesome.
- •Katie Ledecky winning a gold medal and shattering her WR in the 400m freestyleShe's 19. NINETEEN. I always feel so unaccomplished when I watch the Olympics but I don't even care with this girl because she is a stud. The best part? Her interview after was so nonchalant. She was like, "Yeah, I felt good all day and my warmup went well, so yup, check this off the list. It was good."
- •Cody Miller being fucking pumped about his bronze medal finish in the men's 100m breaststrokeThis guy! He's 5'11" which is so short for a swimmer and he wasn't a favorite at all, but he eeked out a bronze medal finish and was just as excited (if not more so) than the gold medal winner. Why isn't everyone this excited when they win a medal? Incredible.