Gifts My Nephew Was Super Excited About For His Fifth Birthday
FaceTime is the best
- •"Pa-sghetti and cupcakes"Listening to him mispronounce things makes my heart grow three sizes too big
- •Fidget SpinnersUgh. I blame his cousins.
- •A giant cardboard cutout of Goldy GopherIt's huge, like it belongs out on the lawn
- •A Philadelphia Eagles mascot dollI asked if the mascot could catch the football with his wings and he thought this was the funniest question ever
- •A Zach Parise hockey sweaterHe has really good taste in hockey players
- •WhiteboardsOne travel-sized, one giant wall one. Apparently he likes to pretend to be a meteorologist and sports anchor every night before bed; he goes through the weather report and a sports recap with my brother, so he needs the whiteboard "for work."
- •He's also going to a camp this week where they learn about putting on a play. They're going to "perform" Beauty and the Beast (aka sing some songs from it) and each kid gets to pick their role. So there is a Chip, a Beast, my nephew wants to be Gaston, and there are ten Belles 😂He's going to wear a red shirt and boots and flex his muscles the whole time
- •Kids, man. I am always instantly in a better mood after interacting with this goober