Reasons Why This Was A Good Visit With My In-Laws
Normally, we don't get along so well (see Reasons Why My Mother-in-Law and I Do Not Get Along) but this past weekend actually went well
- •The kids were thereGod bless my nieces and nephew. Almost all of the focus was on them during our visit, so we didn't get asked as many questions
- •My mother-in-law is taking a lot of painkillersShe has been dealing with leg, foot, and back pain since July that had severely limited her mobility and she's on a lot of drugs. It's terrible, and I genuinely wish she wasn't feeling this way, but our relationship has greatly improved while she has been taking the drugs 😬
- •The weather was niceThis was literally my first trip to Austin at a holiday time where the weather was pleasant. We were in shorts in November! It was lovely.
- •We interacted with other peopleTheir neighbors had a party on Wednesday and we all went and OMG hanging out with non-family members is the best thing you can do
- •The foodWe ate our way through the normal joints: Magnolia's, Rudy's BBQ, Maudie's, and Texas Honey Ham. Plus my SIL and I made a hell of a Thanksgiving dinner. Clear plates, full bellies, can't lose.
- •The wineMy BIL came through in the clutch and picked up so many bottles of wine. My SIL is pregnant and my MIL is on painkillers, so more for me! 🍷🍷🍷🍷