Skills That I Can't Put On My Resume
- •Assembling IKEA furnitureI really don't find it that difficult. I know that's a running joke, but I don't understand the frustration.
- •Finding online promo codesI will scour the entire Internet before I pay for shipping.
- •Remembering the birthdays of long-forgotten acquaintancesIt's honestly a bit embarrassing. There are other things I'd rather remember. But I'll be damned if I can't forget that my middle school boyfriend Garrett was born on September 27th
- •Organizing but not cleaningI hate mopping and dusting. But I will organize a pile of documents quickly and my house is clutter-free because I get agitated if there is too much "stuff."
- •Thinking of completely unrealistic scenarios and planning my reaction to those events accordinglyI don't know what's for dinner tonight, but I do know what I'll do if a woman next to me goes into labor at the grocery store
- •Getting people to give me things for free (not on purpose; it just seems to happen)Ex. Last night, I was at a hockey game and wanted a Sprite. We already had a cup from earlier so we didn't need another one. I brought it to the stand asked, "Can you just refill this or do I need to buy another cup?" The lady looked a bit confused, shrugged, and refilled my cup. I said thanks and gave her my credit card, and she just said, "Don't worry about it." 🎉👍🏼
- •Giving people nicknames and sticking with themMy friend Jake was christened Fuzzy after a particularly-close buzzcut freshman year of high school, and he still answers to that name ten years later 👍🏼